It’s cold and rainy in San Antonio (most of Texas, really) which means the roads are closed, businesses and schools are shut down, and we’re all stuck indoors. Some may find this to be a bad thing but for me, its the best time to relax and complete a few house chores. Here are 10 things you can do on a rainy day. Enjoy!
(1) Read a book or two. Make yourself a cup of coffee, grab a blanket and enjoy the sound of rain (or icy rain in our case in Texas) as you read your favorite book.
(2) Laundry. In my house, there is always laundry to be done. Always.
(3) Declutter/organize. Does anybody else have that one small table that always gets piled up with mail and random items? Yeah. I’ve been avoiding tackling that task for a while now. I guess now is a good time to clean that up.
(4) Binge watch your favorite shows. Currently on my list to binge watch are The Crown, The Bachelor, Fuller House, and a few others. What’s on your list of TV shows to binge watch?
(5) Movie day at home. Time to bust out some Disney movies (or non-Disney movies) and heat up some popcorn for a movie day, snuggled up under some blankets.
(6) Online shop. The best and worst idea is to online shop when you’re stuck indoors. If you can’t hit the mall due to icy roads, then online shopping it is. Can’t online shop? Window online shop by making a wish list for your next birthday.
(7) Bake some cookies. Warm up by baking that cookie recipe you pinned a few months ago. It’s the perfect timing.
(8) Workout indoors. For me, my workouts are outdoors so when its raining and cold, it kind of puts a halt to my workout routine. For others, icy roads there is no way to get to the gym. Dust off your workout mat, grab some weights and look up some at home workout routines on YouTube. Don’t let the rainy, icy weather keep you from working out.
(9) Catch up on sleep. Because who doesn’t love a few extra hours of sleep to reenergize?
(10) Catch up on work. Or you can be responsible and use this time to catch up on some work. Use indoor, quiet time to be productive and shorten that work “to do” list.
What do you like to do on rainy days?